Friday, June 14, 2013

Moonlit Wings Reflect the Stars


Eleven hours.

Less than half a day until my adventure starts.

I remember being a little girl who wore a tutu and tool-belt with glitter in my hair and nothing on my feet, running through the grass and dirt. I dreamed of sprouting silver wings and flying over the ocean, following the stars wherever they might lead, discovering new and wonderful places, finding Prince Charming. Then I grew up. I am not sure how it happened or when, but sometime between now and then, the pixie dust was vacuumed up and I misplaced my invisible playthings. Picture books gave way to checkbooks and textbooks. Now, the government tells me I'm grown up and makes me do taxes, and I wear skirts that actually match my shirts, layer my hair, and wear shoes (most of the time). I wonder, though, have I really lost my dreams? Or have I just discovered what the realization of dreams looks like? Silver wings are really an Airbus A320. Satellites lead instead of stars. My Neverland looks a lot like Africa. Prince Charming does exist, and he found me.   

     I just have to say, God is amazing. I can’t wait to see how He is working in East Africa, and I am beyond excited to be a part of it! I will be posting updates and photos here regularly, so check back in to see what is going on. I have a feeling that it will be pretty awesome. God tends to work things out that way. For now, Habari!

No comments:

Post a Comment